Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ruth McOmber with her grandparents Calvin and Achsah McOmber who lived in front of us at 2715 Pole Line Rd. Pocatello, Idaho. Here we are going to church. I remember well my brown sturdy lace up shoes. I did not want to wear them. They were not fashionable. The were over the ankles and I thought they looked like a shoe a boy would wear. The jumper was sewn by my mother. I remember the fabric was purple/gray checked. Mom always had my hair in tight ringlets every Sunday. They looked so pretty by Friday because they had relaxed into a long curl. I loved how my friend Dorothy Richardson's hair looked. It was beautiful with perfect long ringlets. Not the McOmber Dairy on the side and the old car behind us. Across the street was an old beer joint

I had wonderful grandparents. They were an inspiration to me all my life. They were great teachers and examples to us. I used to go to grandmother's home often and comb her long hair which she loved. I would clean her stairs and play with children she would tend. She always had a story from her "pioneer days" or a bible story. How she loved the gospel and left her testimony with us on a regular basis. I have a great deal of gratitude for my grandparents, especially grandma.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bonikastjames said...

Hello! I've just been reviewing the family history my Grandmother (McOmber/Hunt) put together and it sounds like we may be related. Same area and names. Do you happen to know where McOmber hails from? Is it an Irish name?